Maytree house is no ordinary house. During their free 4 night, 5 day stay, our guests can explore their thoughts and feelings, and feel heard with compassion and without judgement.
Our trained and friendly volunteers and staff team spend many hours with each guest over their stay, giving them the opportunity to talk through their fears, thoughts and troubles.
A week after a guest’s stay with us, each guest receives a personal record, written by a member of Maytree’s staff team, which reflects on their stay, validates their struggles and honours their achievements.
During your stay
As a guest at Maytree, you will have:
- A room of your own, with full use of the kitchen, sitting room and garden
- Lots of time to talk, including one-to-one, to be heard and explore thoughts and feelings
- Privacy when you need your own space
- Simple, home-cooked meals, with shops nearby for anything else you need.
Because of the way Maytree works, we can only offer a short, one-off stay. During your stay, we will discuss further support you may need, such as counselling, financial advice or finding a safe place to live.
Things to remember
The first step is to give us a call or email.
- An assessment following a few telephone conversations – an essential step – can be arranged quickly, face to face or by telephone
- There is no charge for guests
- Maytree is not a drop-in centre
- During your stay you are free to come and go as you please
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed in Maytree during your stay
- After assessment, Maytree can offer a one-off 4 night, 5 day stay.
- During your time here, we can help you identify how you might receive effective and on-going support after leaving.