If you are having suicidal thoughts, you are not alone. Many of us have had suicidal thoughts at some point in our lives.
Maytree helps all kinds of people from all kinds backgrounds and with all kinds of problems. The one thing everyone we help has in common is that they have had suicidal thoughts or have attempted suicide.
People who are thinking of ending their life can show some of the following warning behaviours:
- Expressing thoughts about ending their life
- Making comments like ‘I am no good to anybody’ or ‘you would be better off without me’
- Showing signs of withdrawal or isolation
- Showing symptoms of depression
- Exhibiting changes to their personality
- Making a will, giving away possessions
- Struggling to communicate
- Fascination with death
- Sudden weight loss.
It is important to take these warning behaviours seriously. If you are, or someone you know is behaving in some of these ways, you or they may be feeling suicidal.
Maytree’s house is open 365 days a year for people when they’re feeling suicidal.